The Family Ministry department at Faith Community Church is excited to offer you and your spouse the ROUND THE BASES TO A BETTER MARRIAGE workshop on Oct. 16th. Doors open at 8:00 AM and the workshop will begin at 8:30 and end at 12:30 PM.
Marriage is tough...
and we all can use some encouragement and support. God intends our marriage to be an incredible source of blessing, and to accomplish 3 world transformational purposes:
- PROCREATION - God designed marriage to be the ideal place for children to be brought into the world, and to be nurtured and provided for
- SANCTIFICATION - more than your happiness, God has declared your holiness to be the primary outcome of your marriage. When this is occurring, you will find that happiness will come but it never will be achieved if it, alone, is the focus.
- ILLUSTRATION - God intends the love, grace, & forgiveness that take place between a husband and wife to be a demonstration to the world of his relationship with us, the Church.
IF YOU HAVE ROOM TO GROW...
you're just like the rest of us, so come and:
- learn how to master the art of communication and develop your conflict resolution skills
- Grow deeper in your relationship with God and...
- put what we learn into practice with mini-speed dates throughout our time together.
Our speaker is Matt Loehr, the Director of Marriage Mentoring of Love and Respect and the President of Dare to be Different. Matt will lead us through a morning of teaching using a unique baseball diamond method of communication that we will use on our speed dates. Matt's wit, wisdom, and humor will bring you back to wanting more of your marriage.
Each spouse will receive their own workbook and there will be light refreshments served throughout the day. This entire experience is only $50 per couple so for the cost of decent meal out, you will be connected to the wisdom and principles, as well as the community that you need to gain some reall ground in your marriage.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU!
(If/when asked to "select participants," select only 1 spouse or you will be charged 2 registration fees. You will have a chance to add the other spouse's name on a later screen of the registration process.)
Are you in full-time Christian ministry? Please use the registration button below: